Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Sexnections

I'd like to believe that there's a connection between people when they're are physically intimate with one another. Personal experience has taught me that I will never forget my first time, nor who it was with. There's an instance every now and then to check in with her and see how she's doing; not that there's any feelings there but more of a subtle respect for one another. We say hello and catch up, have an awkward silence and then it's, "well hey, it was good hearing from you, hope to hear from you soon."

This connection through sex is deep, I've often heard of it as giving a part of you to that person and trusting them to take care of it for you. You can't ever get it back, you can't ever give it to another, it's gone....

I'm not sure how this feels from a woman's point of view being that I can't hold a relationship longer than what it takes people to thru hike the Appalachian Trail, but I imagine that it must be similar. There's something to be said with being vulnerable with someone. Letting them get to know you on a deeper level. But what if that changes, can you go back? Can you drift into that notorious friend zone and come out again??

No comments:

Post a Comment